Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Team Carnival asks: what's your nail care ritual?

Just joined a blog called Team Carnival which had an interesting concept that not just promotes your site and gain backlinks but also lets other bloggers know the person behind the blog. Basically, there's a topic every week that members of this blog carnival would post about in their own blogs. The host for the week will then collate all these entries and put them (and their links) in the host blog. All members are encouraged to be a host for any given week, and they could also tell what topic to post about.

If you're an active blogger and would like to get your blog known to the world, Team Carnival is the place to be.

Anyways, for this week, host Shoutingwind tells us to tell others about nail care. Er, yeah. So let me just say: I do not have any nail care ritual other than cutting them with a nail cutter every week. Yeah. I don't put anything on it, no nail polish whatsoever, except during my wedding when I had to had a manicure and pedicure (and that was the first time I had a manicure and pedicure). After that, back to the beloved nail cutter.

Which reminds me, I have to buy a nipper...

Other than that, I guess one of the ways I protect my nails (and hands altogether) is wearing gloves when washing the dishes or doing the laundry. The detergent makes nails brittle and more prone to breaking and splitting (makes your hands dry, too). I think drinking water and milk helps strengthening them (mom said nails are part of the bones, though I'm not so sure). And to make sure they don't break, I wear them short. Always.

Believe me, I'd be the last person to tell you what to do with your nails. But I still believe that caring for your nails is important because it's part of your body. And you have to take care of your body and keep it healthy because in the end, that's the most vital treasure you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment