Thursday, August 12, 2010

Applying for an EON Card

I guess I've been putting this off for quite some time (yeah right, it's actually been months), but I felt I needed to do this to lift the limitations of my Paypal account.

Yep, I have applied for an EON Cyber Account in Unionbank. Good thing there was a branch a few buildings away from where I'm working. It only took me about 30 minutes to fill up the form. The preggy lady in the customer service said that I'll be getting my card after 5 working days. By that time I'll also have to pay Php350 for the annual fee.

So I guess that's on top of the amount I need for Paypal, right?

Anyways, I was told that with the EON card, I am given 2 free withdrawals every month. If ever I withdraw for a 3rd time within a month, they'll charge me for that. I don't know why there is such limitation, but thinking that I"ll be using that to withdraw Paypal funds, then I'd probably need to withdraw just once a month (or even less).

Prior to my application, I've heard stories about Unionbank's not-so-helpful customer service. I've had a not-so-good experience with them, too, a couple of years ago when I had to transact with Unionbank to pay for NSO-related stuff over the counter. The service at the main branch in Ortigas was irritatingly slow. Comparing it with BPI, BDO, and HSBC (which has, by far, the quickest and best over-the-counter service in my opinion), Unionbank's was running at a snail's pace.

I kinda consider myself lucky that the application here in the Unionbank branch near the office was quite a breeze. They only had a few customers, and that was probably because it was just 1:00 PM. Anyways, I hope the activation of my card will be smooth.

We'll see when I get my card next week.

1 comment:

  1. I've considered getting an EON card because of the Paypal thingie too but didn't in the end.

    ReplyDelete