Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Last Airbender Official Trailer

I've been a fan of Nickelodeon's Avatar: The Last Airbender. It was really fun to watch and I'd say it's got one of the best storylines of this generation's batch of animated series.

Since last year, we knew that it was going to be made into a full length live action movie to be directed by M. Night Shyamalan. Truth to tell, I was kinda wary of him being on the helm of the film because the past movies he did were from his own ideas. Shyamalan doing an adaptation seems, well, not too good.

Add to that the casting of the characters. He got a lot of flak from die-hard Avatar fans, which also included me. The teaser trailer was okay, kinda ignited my curiosity as to whether or not Shyamalan could pull this off. But here comes the official trailer, and I must say my heart skipped a beat.

Watch it here:



Again, casting could've been better. The soundtrack's pretty weird (why does everyone want to sound like 300?). And what's that on Aang -- is that a tattoo? And for those of you looking for Appa, my friend says he's there; his tail was more visible in the Superbowl ad.

I'd probably give this film -- and Shyamalan -- a chance. Let's see if it lives up to the expectations of millions of fans around the world.

Damn, Shyamalan. Don't make me cringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment