Thursday, September 23, 2010

Glee Season 2 kicks off

Before I write about the particular subject, I'd like to give a shout out to Google. Hey, my blog, Inspired Weddings, is NOT a spam blog. You know why it's got links there? It's because I want to help readers to get more information on something that might interest them. I don't earn from those links; I do this because I'd like to help other people plan their big day. So there. I'd done all the verification stuff and am waiting for your reply. Hopefully I can get back my access to my blog in 2 days, as you have promised.

Whew!

--------

Back to topic...

I almost failed to watch the first episode of Glee's Season 2. Good thing ETC had a rerun of the said episode at 9PM (it was shown 4PM yesterday, also on JackTV).

The McKinley High Glee Club is back, and even after losing to Vocal Adrenaline in the Regionals, they couldn't care much less. But with the loss of 1 member, Matt (Dijon Talton,whom I still have no idea why he's not on the show anymore), New Directions needed to recruit more members for the Nationals.

They almost lost hope, until Sam (Chord Overstreet) and Sunshine (Charice) come along. But will they be on New Directions? The 1st episode did show that one won't be in the team because of, er, "bribes."

Another new face appears also on this episode: new football coach Bieste (Dot Jones). And because she's cut the Cheerios' budget, she's Sue Sylvester's new archenemy! I want to see how the show will tackle the Sylvester-Bieste rivalry and if Dot Jones will get cool lines like Jane Lynch does.

Of course, Pinoys have long anticipated Glee's Season 2, not only because their favorite show is back, but because a Filipina is getting a break on a well-loved show.

Charice can definitely rival Lea Michele's vocals, though during her "audition" piece, Listen, I was kinda distracted by her arms flailing about everywhere. She looked more theatrical that Lea does (her facial expressions when singing were bordering OA to me). Well, here's hoping her character will be trained to lessen the arm-jerking actions a bit.

Overall, the premiere episode of Glee's Season 2 was okay. I hope they stick more to the plot than let the story be run by the songs. Let's see what happens in the coming weeks.

1 comment:

  1. i missed it! the most awaited series of the filipino's these days because of the latest pride, charisse pempengco.

    thanks for the visit, hope to see u back soon
    HEALTHINFO@EarthyMe
    heartQUAKES
    life round meNyou
    at-a-blink

    ReplyDelete