Friday, September 17, 2010

Falling for the Harumika Mannequin

I've been ranting at hubby about wanting to have a hobby. Lately, I've been feeling a bit stressed that I needed an outlet. He has his gaming consoles and toys. I wanted something other than taking care of the baby.

Making chocolates would be one, but then a trip to Toys R Us gave me another idea.

Since I was a kid, I've been a fan of Barbie. Nowadays, it seems to have a rival to my attention: Harumika.

It's like dressing up a doll, but instead you're actually creating clothing from pieces of fabric. And the best part, there's no sewing needed! All you need to do is secure the cloth on the back of the plastic body form and you're all set. Great for people like me who almost failed to pass Home Economics because the sewing machine and I can't get along.

The Harumika Starter Set
They also sell just the pieces of cloth, no body form. So if you already have the Starter Set, you can just buy the Accents.

I forgot their prices, but I'm pretty sure they won't be hitting Php1K.

But this one I really like:

Harumika Mannequin
It's not a body form -- it's almost a doll! This one's priced at Php1.4K (a bit expensive), but because it comes with a head and limbs, I want it.

Starting today, I'll be saving up for the Harumika Mannequin and its accents. Well, you know, I got a kid and lots of responsibilities, so this one has to wait a bit...

Question now is, if I get to buy it, where will I put it...?

No comments:

Post a Comment