Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hope

That's probably the most overused word after President Noynoy Aquino's inauguration, or even during his campaign. And yeah, it was overly used during the first Kris-James marital brouhaha. But I digress...

While I wish PNoy (!) congratulations, I guess I wouldn't go as much as saying "good luck" or "I hope you will do the country good." Why? Because it's like putting all the responsibilities on his shoulders when, in fact, healing our nation is the shared responsibility of every Filipino.

Yes, it does irritate me when people think that it is only the president's job, when people comment in blogs or forums that it's his duty to clean up the mess of the past and make the Philippines better than it is or was. Truth is, he can't do it alone. He needs us as much as we need him.

The hope of the nation does not lie on one man alone while the others sit comfortably in their futons and watch as this one man does the job in his lonesome. A job that is every man's responsibility.

Don't pin your hopes of a better Philippines on President Noynoy alone. Every Filipino must do his share. Follow rules. Obey laws. Pay your dues. Because in the end, it's not only PNoy who will benefit from it. It's all of us.

NB: After the inauguration, I therefore conclude that Viel is the prettiest among the Aquino sisters. Don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment